Bread at dinner and lunch are one of my favorite side dishes ever. So there was no hesitation when I thought of making dinner rolls by tweaking my brioche recipe. With that said, I would like to introduce to you my Caramelized Apple Brioche Dinner […]
Hi there! We have teamed up with Bitsy’s for an Instagram giveaway to give your kids (or yourself) the best snacktime! Bitsy’s products are USDA organic, baked with veggies, and allergen-free. Did I also mention that they are delicious!!
How to Enter Giveaway:
- Follow @Farmnic, @BrightMomentCo, & @BitsysBrainFood
- Tag x2 friends in the comments
- Bonus Entry: Repost this on your Instagram Story
…that almost seems too simple! We can’t wait to get these yummy snacks in your hands, so be sure to act quickly as the giveaway ends on Tuesday, October 8th at 12am EST. Winner will be announced Wednesday, October 9th at 11:30am EST.
Last week, I gave y’all my vegan recipe for salted caramel brownies. This week, I wanted to give you another brownie alternative… Healthy Chocolate Chip Blondies (Vegan)! If I were to choose between the two recipes, I would have to say that this one is […]
Brownies are magical… they can end a sibling fight, they can bring together family after a long day, they can bring a smile to a stranger’s face, they can bring comfort to a neighbor… brownies are an all around crowd pleaser. My Vegan Salted Caramel […]
My Peach & Blueberry Farm-Style Skillet Pie is a great way to send off Summer with sweet goodness!! Grabbing all the end-of-season Summer fruits at my local famers market, this farm-style pie is so easy to make! With only minutes of preparation, the remaining of the time can be spent with family and friends reminiscing over Summer memories as it bakes.
Fun fact, I actually had planned on making mini peach and blueberry skillet pies for this recipe. When I ordered my mini cast-iron skillets on Amazon, they came in SUPER small. Like seriously, they would’ve only held a single BITE not a single SERVING. LOL! So I had to adjust my recipe a slight bit to make it a larger skillet pie, but it actually turned out just as delicious and cute!
Encouraging quote of the day is by Levi Lusko….
“a failure to understand how powerful and extraordinary God’s plans for you are will lead to you being taken advantage of by the enemy and failing to live up to your potential.”
It is ALWAYS encouraging to remember how our Almighty God has a perfectly designed plan for EACH one of us. Sometimes, if not the majority of times, it is REALLY hard to believe that. We want to take control of our life, because we feel as if we can somehow alleviate some of the inevitable tribulations. But here’s the thing… we must remember the word “inevitable.” God promises us comfort and peace and joy, but He doesn’t promise us a life of ease until we go to Heaven. So trust in God and allow Him to take the reigns, because trust me friends… life will be a heck of a lot easier through those “inevitables.”
I have also included in my olive oil pie crust recipe that I use in a variety of dishes, because it is simply delicious and so easy to make! But you can always just use pre-made pie crusts from your local grocery store to make this even easier!
It is time to grab our aprons and begin baking !!
Peach & Blueberry Farm-Style Skillet Pie
- 2 tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1.5 cups Blueberries
- 1.5 cups Peach, sliced
- 1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup or Sugar
- Pastry for Pie Crust (9-inch), or use the recipe below
Olive Oil Pie Crust:
- 1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk, plant-based or regular
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- If using my olive oil pie crust recipe, simply whisk together the flour and sea salt in a bowl. Use your fingers to pinch the olive oil into the flour mix. Then, use a fork to work the milk into the mixture until smooth. Roll out the dough to be 1/4" thick inbetween two pieces of parchment paper. Finally, cut out a 9" diameter circle.
- In a separate bowl, fold together the blueberries, sliced peaches, flour, and your choice of sweetener.
- Line the bottom of a cast-iron skillet with parchment paper. Lay the pie crust over the skillet. Then, add the berries mixture to the center of the crust, leaving 2-2.5" of dough remaining.
- Fold the remaining crust over the mixed berries, similar to a galette. (Optional: brush the crust an egg wash or olive oil, and sprinkle sugar on top)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown.