In my eyes, there has always been two staple tortillas. You had your flour tortilla and you had your corn tortillas. Both of these tortillas are delicious and tasty, but I wanted to give y’all another option! These Sweet Potato Tortillas consist of only 3-ingredients, which is awesome!
Not only do they taste amazing, but they are actually flexible and will fold in shape! If you’ve ever made your own tortillas before and they’ve broken in half when you try to put the fillings in and fold them, then you know it is the most devastating thing ever! But, I am here to say that these Sweet Potato Tortillas stand their ground, and will fold perfectly! Bye, bye to those breakable tortillas 👋🏽
Check out the recipe video below!~ Jump to Recipe ~
Plus, you have to give these sweet potato tortillas a try with my breakfast taco filling recipe.
- scrambled eggs
- micro-greens or clover sprouts
- gruyere cheese
- shallots, minced and cooked
- aged, dark balsamic vinegar
3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour*
- 1 cup Sweet Potatoes, cooked & mashed**
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (flour, sweet potatoes, and sea salt).
- Knead the dough to form a round ball. If you feel the dough is too sticky or wet, you can generously add more flour.
- Set aside the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a log-like shape.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal pieces.
- Take each portion and re-shape into a ball-like shape. Then, roll out each ball into a flat tortilla-like shape. Each tortilla should be 1/8″ to 1/16″ thick.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. (Or you can use a non-stick pan.) Cook the tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they begin to form brown spots.
- TIP: As you cook each tortilla, place in a bowl and cover with a tea towel, cloth, or paper towel. This will trap in the steam, so they remain flexible and soft when you go to put your taco fillings in them.