Oh, this is a good one! I’ve said this before and I’m not afraid to say it again…. Although I adore having the time to cultivate new recipes and be creative in the kitchen, I also adore the time saved in the kitchen to enjoy the yummy flavors alongside family and friends. Most often, sandwiches and pasta are my go-to quick, easy meals to cure that need, which is why I love this recipe. A Crisp Avocado Green Sandwich recipe is beyond simple yet still has a little creativity splashed into the mix.
Although it is called a “green” sandwich, all the vegetables inside the sandwich do not necessarily need to be “green.” For example, I used thinly sliced green bell peppers; however, I prefer to actually use red or yellow bell peppers since I think they have sweeter notes to them… adding even more flavor to the sandwich!
TIP #1: The ticket to enjoying each bite of this sandwich is to TOAST THE BREAD. Honestly, I would even go a little beyond toasted, but not burnt! Since the sauces add so much flavor, and you usually spread them on the bread itself, you want the bread to be able to hold its crunch and not become soggy.
TIP #2: Which brings me to tip #2, make the sandwich – then eat the sandwich! Personally, this is not a sandwich I would prepare earlier in the day then eat at your lunch break. If anything, pre-slice all the vegetables and sauces to make the sandwich on-the-spot at lunch!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin making deliciousness!
A Crisp Avocado Green Sandwich
- 1 tbsp. Tzatziki, (homemade: 1 tbsp. plain greek yogurt + juice of 1 lime + 1 tsp. fresh dill + pinch of salt and black pepper)
- 1-2 tsp. Hummus
- 2 slices Whole-Grain or Seeded Bread, toasted!
- handful of Alfalfa, Clover, or Garbanzo Sprouts
- 1/2 firm & ripe Avocado, sliced
- Assorted Vegetables: cucumbers, carrots, spinach, red onions, yellow bell pepper… thinly sliced – only choose your favorites!
- On one slice of bread, spread the tzatziki over one side. On the other slice, spread the hummus.
- Then, place your sliced avocado on top of the hummus followed by your favorite assortment of vegetables and sprouts. Place the other slice with tzatziki face down on the sandwich.
I truly hope you enjoy this delicious, Crisp Avocado Green Sandwich recipe! ’till next time! xxL