Wow. This is a home run out of all the brioche breads that I have made and eaten! This Artisan Chocolate Chip Brioche in Only 5 Hours is beyond simplistic.
Hold up! Yep! That’s right! I am telling you that I just cut the time by so much. Usually every brioche recipe takes around 12-16 hours of rising, kneading, baking, and so on. The fact that this chocolate chip brioche only takes 5 hours of rising is not only a miracle, but a slice of heaven in each bite!!
Each slice into this Artisan Chocolate Chip Brioche is a rich, light, and tender bite. Aligned with it’s golden and flaky crust from the egg wash. And the amazing part is that this brioche has NO BUTTER!! That means it’s guilty-free, right?! Lol.
This chocolate chip brioche makes the BEST French Toast, like hands down deliciousness!
Recommendations for French Toast with Chocolate Chip Brioche:
- Whisk together 1 large egg, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp. honey.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add in 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Allow it to heat up for 1 minute.
- Soak each slice into the egg/milk mixture for 10-20 seconds, depending on thickness of slice.
- Cook on each side of the brioche slice, until it’s golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey, and fresh fruit. (Fresh blueberries are really tasty with it!)
As always, the chocolate chip are completely optional! If you like a plain, original brioche than leave the chocolate chips out and follow the remainder of the recipe. You can even have fun by adding in golden raisins, hazelnuts, etc.
As a young child, I always loved waking up to the smell of bacon and homemade French toast. Paired with some fresh orange juice, my mom would always go out of her way in her busy work schedule to give us a good morning before school. Although, anytime there was cooked bacon, my brother would have it swallowed up within minutes! Anyone else have a bacon-stealer in their family? Lol.
What is your favorite childhood breakfast?
Artisan Chocolate Chip Brioche in Only 5 Hours
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk, warm
- 1/4 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 tsp. Dry Active Yeast
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the warm milk, dry active yeast, and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes to activate.
- Add in the eggs and whisk for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add in the flour and sea salt. Using the hook attachment, knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Add in the extra virgin olive oil and knead for another 5 minutes. The dough should have completely absorbed the extra virgin olive oil. If not, knead for an additional 2 minutes.
- On a clean surface (without flour), knead the chocolate chips into the dough by hand. This helps distribute them more equally.
- Form the dough into a tight, round ball. Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
- On a clean surface, separate the dough into three equal parts. Roll out each part in a log-like shape that is about one foot long. Braid the three parts together.
- Line a loaf/bread pan with parchment paper. Place the braided dough into the pan. Lightly cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush an egg wash (whisk one egg until one constant color) over the brioche loaf. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes.
Hope you all enjoy! xxL
John 6:35 “Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.””