Sometimes you just want to spice up your normal soup recipe and try something different… Whenever my family goes to a Mexican restaurant, my mom typically orders their traditional chicken soup and most of the times it looks delicious! So, I decided to see if […]
The birds are singing and the leaves are swinging… the Fall Season is right around the corner, and I could not be more excited! Therefore, I decided to get a head start by making delicious Individual Chicken Pot Pies with Olive Oil Biscuits! It was […]
Casseroles are really such a beautiful thing because you can save the leftovers for busier times during the week, or you can serve them at a large gathering! The struggle comes when trying to make them healthy and cheap… that’s where my Creamy Chicken, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole does nothing but satisfy your savory cravings! It is healthy AND cheap AND delicious… what more could you ask for?!
With such few and basic ingredients, this casserole dish is sure to impress your family and friends! I recently brought it over to my cousin who just had her second beautiful child because it is packed full of nutrients and protein! This meal is ultra creamy right out of the oven without you feeling weighed down.
I recommend storing in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days for the freshest flavor.
Our encouraging quote of the day is straight from the most inspirational and encouraging book out there…
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
No matter the situation, no matter the struggle/temptation your are facing… God is right beside you, just waiting for you to take ahold of His hand. You are not alone.
Time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Creamy Chicken, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1.5 cups Quinoa
- 1 lb. Chicken, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 7 oz. Aged Dubliner White Cheddar Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 9×13" baking pan with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the milk, flour, and chicken broth. Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until a thick and creamy mixture forms. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add 1 cup water and the prepared white cheddar cheese into the saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, stir until all the cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, toss the sliced chicken in the cumin, sea salt, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Transfer to a pan over medium-high heat to cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken and quinoa. Pour the creamy sauce on top and fold all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Add the broccoli florets into the baking pan and stir to evenly distribute them. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes covered.
- Serve warm or place in an air-tight container in the refridgerator for up to 3 days.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! xxL
You may also enjoy these recipes:
Wowzers! This truly is the BEST (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce, because it tastes like a pot of gold! Drizzled on top of ice cream or inside an apple pie, you really can’t go wrong. It would even make an excellent sweetener for homemade granola.
I am always a huge fan of recipes (especially when it comes to dessert recipes) that taste heavenly, yet only take me a few minutes to make… and this salted caramel sauce took me less than 5 minutes to make! Granted, I did soak the dates in water overnight for an ultra creamy and thick caramel texture.
I made the most simple apple pie by mixing a variety of honey crisp, pink lady, and Granny Smith green apples with a decent amount of all spice in a bowl. Poured about 1/2 cup of this (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce on top and mixed it all together. Using my pie crust from my recipe here, I poured the filling into my prepared pie pan, baked at 400F for 30 minutes on the lower rack in the oven… and BAM… the most simplest (Vegan) Salted Caramel Apple Pie!! You have to give it a try, you will not be disappointed… especially if you add some vanilla bean ice cream along with it 😉
It is truly one of the easiest recipes out there and I just had to share it with you guys! Not much to it, but pure deliciousness. Therefore, let’s grab our aprons and start cooking!
The BEST (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce
- 7 Medjool Dates, pitted and soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 1/2 cup Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk (only the white part)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. Maldon Sea Salt
- TIP: Soaking the dates overnight will create a smoother and more rich salted caramel sauce, but it is also optional.
- Blend together the coconut milk, dates, and maple syrup on a high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Fold in the maldon sea salt. Pour into a glass container with a lid, and store in the refridgerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and happy eating! xxL
Recipes you might enjoy: