Beet Hummus: Easy Recipe
I have a confession to make. I can’t stop eating this beet hummus, as I write this simple recipe for you guys. It is insanely addicting!!
Even if you’re not a huge fan of raw beets, I’m almost sure that this recipe will turn you around to a beet-lover!
- 1 Large (or 2 Medium-sized) Beets
- 15 oz Can of Garbanzo Beans
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 430F.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Place in oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Wrap garlic cloves in separate aluminum foil, and place in oven for the last 5-10 minutes.
- Next, peel the skin of the beets once they are cooled.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients (tender beets, garlic cloves, tahini, almond butter, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garbanzo beans, sea salt, and black pepper).
- Blend for 5-7 minutes, or until the beet hummus is smooth and creamy.
- I topped off the beet hummus with crushed almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with vegetables, such as carrots and cucumbers, and crackers.