My Brown Rice, Spinach and Mushroom Veggie Loaf hits the ball out of the any meatloaf park!
My family has never been huge fans of meatloaf recipes, yet this veggie loaf was eaten up within the hour! Plus, there is no guilt here… only plain deliciousness!
The vegetables are not overpowering at all… they all mellow each other out and create this delectable savory flavor combination! Typically, I would tell you all that you are more than welcome to be creative and switch out the vegetables for your favorites but… I would have to say it may not turn out the same for this recipe. I highly recommend sticking to the recipe to a tee to create the perfect flavor profile!
Although meatloaf is typically a recipe for the Fall and Winter Seasons, I just couldn’t give up the opportunity to try out such a fun recipe! It actually turned out to be very light on the stomach, yet VERY satisfying! Great for a quick, easy family dinner recipe for this Summer, as well!
With farmers markets at their peaks, hopefully you can find most vegetables at your local farmers markets! This veggie loaf is PACKED FULL of nutrients and the health benefits hit the roof.
Did you know?! …
Brown Rice is actually pretty low in calories compared to most whole grains. It’s gluten-free, high in fiber, and supposedly contains no contains no trans-fat or cholesterol!
Spinach is SO great to receive Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Containing more vitamins and nutrients than I have time to describe today, they help strengthen your bones and have powerful antioxidants that keep you skin glowing!
Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables! And it’s so convenient that they are also low in calories, yet are an amazing superfood! They help to boost immune systems, protect cells from free radicals, improve digestion, and help with weight loss.
Have you tried my The Skinny Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup? Click here to check out that recipe. For some reason, this veggie loaf reminds me a lot of this recipe!
Time to grab our aprons and begin cooking this beast of deliciousness!
Brown Rice, Spinach and Mushroom Veggie Loaf
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 3 Celery Ribs, diced
- 6 Large Handfuls of Fresh Spinach
- 13-14 Cremini Mushrooms (large), diced
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add in the extra virgin olive oil. Add in the diced red onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the minced garlic, diced celery, diced cremini mushrooms, and spinach. Stir fry for about 5 minutes, until all ingredients are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add in the broth, dijon mustard, black pepper and sea salt. Mix together.
- Add the cooked brown rice, cooked vegetables, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes into the same bowl. Using a spatula, mix together until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with extra virgin olive oil. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm.
Hope you all enjoy! xxL