Bread at dinner and lunch are one of my favorite side dishes ever. So there was no hesitation when I thought of making dinner rolls by tweaking my brioche recipe. With that said, I would like to introduce to you my Caramelized Apple Brioche Dinner Rolls that will be a fan favorite at your next meal!
I really can’t put into words how DELICIOUS and EASY these brioche dinner rolls are!! If I could, I would bake these all day long, giving them out to family and friends. With that being said, they make a perfect house-warming gift, hostess gift, Christmas party and Thanksgiving party side dish, and simply the BEST dinner rolls you will have at family dinner tonight.
Plus, if you don’t end up eating all of them, they make great breakfast rolls for the morning! Try drizzling a little honey on them and popping them into the oven to warm up… mmhmmm… so yummy!!
If you want to make them extra sweet for dessert, try serving with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Once again, drizzle a little honey over these beautiful brioche rolls and garnish with some toasted pecans for the most delicate and scrumptious dessert!
I made the video above to not only show you how easy these brioche rolls are to make, but so that you can use it as a crutch along your baking journey! With that being said, let’s grab our aprons and begin baking!
Caramelized Apple Brioche Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup Warm Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. Active Dried Yeast
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Caramelized Cinnamon Apples:
- 3 cups Honeycrisp Apples, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the warm milk and sugar. Add in the active dried yeast and give it a quick stir. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, until foamy and doubled in size.
- Add the eggs one at a time into the mixing bowl, then add in the olive oil. Once the mixture is creamy, slowly add in the flour. Knead the dough in the stand mixer on a low speed for 5-10 minutes, until smooth.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a tea towel for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- In the meantime, begin making the caramelized cinnamon apples by heating up the diced apples, cinnamon, and honey in a pan over medium high heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent any burning. Allow the apples to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the risen dough on a nonstick surface, then evenly cut it into 16 pieces. Flatten each piece, then fill with about 1 tablespoon of the caramelized apples. Wrap the dough around the caramelized apples and pinch/twist together at the end (watch video). Place seam-side down on the baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- Cover the baking pan with a tea towel and allow the brioche rolls to rise for 20 minutes.
- Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with swedish sugar pearls.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
I hope you all enjoy this brioche dinner rolls recipe as much as I loved baking them (and eating them hehe)! xxL
More recipes you may enjoy: