Ever since I was a small child, I’ve had quite a generous sweet tooth. From fluffy donuts to homemade cakes, my palate has become quite picky. So when I say this is one of the best cakes – I mean it. Our Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Bundt Cake is moist, light, and encompasses all parts deliciousness!
When baking bundt cakes, my biggest fear is making sure they come out of their pans almost perfectly every time. Anyone with me? Check out a few tips below!
TIP: If I have one recommendation, it would be to use mini chocolate chips (or even regular chocolate chips) rather than chocolate chunks (like I did lol). By using mini chocolate chips, the cake batter will rise evenly and bake perfectly.
After trial-and-error, here are 3 Ways to Remove Your Bundt Cake:
First – Grease the entire bundt cake pan with olive oil or butter (especially all the crevices). Then, lightly dust the pan with flour (knocking off any extra flour). DO THIS JUST BEFORE POURING YOUR BATTER INTO THE CAKE PAN.
- Allow the bundt cake to cool for 10 minutes. Then, gently scrap the very top of the bundt cake sides. Then, turn the bundt cake (in the pan) upside down and tap the bottom of the pan until it falls out.
- If that doesn’t work – then place a kitchen towel in your sink. Pour 3-4 cups of boiling water over the kitchen towel, then quickly place the bundt cake on top of the kitchen top (so the bottom of the pan is touching the towel). Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then try tapping it out again.
- Finally – you can try placing the bundt cake in its pan in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, then retry tapping the bottom until it falls out.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and start baking absolute scrumptiousness!
Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Bundt Cake – Food Photography
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
For the Almond-Vanilla Glaze:
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2-4 tbsp. Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks in two bowls. Add the sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and olive oil to the egg yolks, then mix for 5-8 minutes on medium speed until creamy. Whisk in the milk.
- In the meantime, whisk together the egg whites with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and mix into the egg yolk mixture. Then, gently fold in the egg whites.
- In your bundt cake pan, use a paper towel dipped in olive oil to grease the entire pan. Then, lightly dust the bundt pan with flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow the bundt cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan to cool completely.
For the Almond-Vanilla Glaze:
- In a small bowl, add in the powdered sugar. Add in the olive oil and almond extract, then use a fork or spoon to mix it in. Finally, add one tablespoons of boiling water at a time, until the mixture is THICK (not runny). Then, drizzle on top of the cooled bundt cake.
I truly hope you all enjoy this yummy recipe! ’till next time… xxL
I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13-14 (NIV)