It’s Valentine’s Day this Friday, and we are more than inspired by all the white roses and rosy cheeks! Love is in the air! …or at least when it comes to these Coconut Ganache & Chocolate Chip Shortbread Sandwiches. Super simple to make, adorable to gift to your loved one(s), and delectable to eat!
So I actually developed this recipe on accident! I was playing around with my Orange & Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies (NO Butter) recipe with the idea to cultivate more lighter, yet creamier tones. The shortbread itself is like a shortbread chocolate chip cookie that is light on your palate, then it is complimented by the creamy, rich coconut white chocolate ganache! AHHHH, delish!
There are three words in this recipe which consists of all my weaknesses: Coconut. Chocolate. Cookie. Can it get any better than that?!
I have a few suggestions to make to the bake who wants to make these cookie sandwiches in a jiffy:
- After baking the cookies, cool them in the fridge (10 minutes) or freezer (5 minutes), then allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
- Pop the ganache in the freezer for 10-12 minutes, then use a hand mixer to whisk for 1-2 minutes (until fluffy).
But, if you have the extra few minutes on your hand and time is your friend, then the recipe is scrumptious just the way it is!
Now, it is time to grab our favorite aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Coconut Ganache & Chocolate Chip Shortbread Sandwiches
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips, or Chocolate Shavings for an easier cookie-cut
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 2/3 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk, (only the white part in a 13.5 fl oz can)
- 1 1/4 cup White Chocolate
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the coconut milk. Then, add in the white chocolate and stir until melted. Transfer to a small bowl and cool at room temperature for 1 hour, or until firm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, oat flour, granulated cane sugar, and salt. Add in the olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Use a fork to mix together, until crumb-like texture. Add in the mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
- Transfer the cookie batter onto a large piece of saran wrap, then tightly wrap the cookie batter into a log-like shape (about 2" diameter). Place in the freezer for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Evenly cut the log-like cookie batter into 20-24 pieces. (It's okay if some fall apart, just put them back together with your fingers.)
- Place the cookies on the pan with 1/2" space in between each. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow them to cool completely, or else they will fall apart.
- Simply make the shortbread cookie sandwiches by placing a small dallop of coconut ganache in the center of one cookie, then placing another cookie on top and gently pressing down to spread the filling. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this lovable recipe as much as we do. Happy Valentine’s Day!!
’till next time! xxL