Our Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Boats made with ProperGood’s ready-to-eat soups makes for one of the easiest, low-calorie, yet nutrient-dense meals!
What does spaghetti squash taste like?
Spaghetti squash has an almost neutral taste to it, making it easy to serve/pair with just about any savory flavors. Unlike most winter squashes that have a more robust in flavor, spaghetti squash is less noticeable, very mild and lightly sweet.
This post is sponsored by Proper Good Soups. As always, all opinions are mine.
What is Proper Good?
Proper Good is a small family business that makes ready-to-eat soups from whole ingredients with NO chemical preservatives. Not only do they taste deliciously homemade, but they are also made with functional ingredients like grass-fed bone broth and turmeric. In addition, they have a variety of soup options to suite all dietary restrictions, from vegan to kept to gluten-free.
Proper Good’s tearable packaging allows for easy opening, making it perfect to take just about anywhere – a nutritional meal on-the-go! Plus, their unique packaging allows you the ability to store your unopened soups at room temperature, so it’s no need to worry about keep a cooler or fridge nearby.
One of my personal favorite things about their soups is that the majority of them are low calorie, high in protein, and collagen rich!
Read more or browse their products by clicking here.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 1 Pouch of Proper Good's Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 cup Farmers Cheese or Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 1 cup Cooked & Shredded Chicken (optional)
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise, remove the insides (seeds), then drizzle the olive oil over the insides of each. Place the squash face-side down on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35-50 minutes, until tender and you can run a fork through the middle.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, sautéed mushrooms, shredded chicken (optional), chopped parsley, farmers cheese, salt and black pepper until evenly combined.
- Once the squash is cooked, shred the insides with a fork, then add the spaghetti noodles into the soup bowl. Fold all the ingredients together.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the empty insides of each spaghetti squash half, top with shredded cheese, then broil in the oven for 2-4 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this deliciously easy spaghetti squash boats recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)