Casseroles are really such a beautiful thing because you can save the leftovers for busier times during the week, or you can serve them at a large gathering! The struggle comes when trying to make them healthy and cheap… that’s where my Creamy Chicken, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole does nothing but satisfy your savory cravings! It is healthy AND cheap AND delicious… what more could you ask for?!
With such few and basic ingredients, this casserole dish is sure to impress your family and friends! I recently brought it over to my cousin who just had her second beautiful child because it is packed full of nutrients and protein! This meal is ultra creamy right out of the oven without you feeling weighed down.
I recommend storing in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days for the freshest flavor.
Our encouraging quote of the day is straight from the most inspirational and encouraging book out there…
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
No matter the situation, no matter the struggle/temptation your are facing… God is right beside you, just waiting for you to take ahold of His hand. You are not alone.
Time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Creamy Chicken, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1.5 cups Quinoa
- 1 lb. Chicken, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 7 oz. Aged Dubliner White Cheddar Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 9×13" baking pan with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the milk, flour, and chicken broth. Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until a thick and creamy mixture forms. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add 1 cup water and the prepared white cheddar cheese into the saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, stir until all the cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, toss the sliced chicken in the cumin, sea salt, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Transfer to a pan over medium-high heat to cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken and quinoa. Pour the creamy sauce on top and fold all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Add the broccoli florets into the baking pan and stir to evenly distribute them. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes covered.
- Serve warm or place in an air-tight container in the refridgerator for up to 3 days.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! xxL
You may also enjoy these recipes: