Scratch your original dinner plan for tonight, we’ve got you covered! Creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside, our Creamy Farmers Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Salmon recipe is one to win over a crowd!
How long do you cook salmon?
A typical salmon fillet can either be baked at 350F for 12-15 minutes or panfried for 3-4 minutes on each side (about 4-6 minutes per half inch of thickness). For extra safety measures, the internal temperature of the salmon fillet should reach 135-140F.
However, with the salmon being stuffed, I recommend adding an extra minute or two on the cooking time to ensure the insides are fully cooked.
What is Farmer Cheese?
Lifeway Kefir’s Farmer Cheese is a low calorie, reduced fat culture soft cheese that is made using their Old World recipe. It has tangy flavor that adds amazing richness to almost any dish! On its own, it’s packed with 12 live and active probiotics, as well as plenty of nutrients.
It’s also up to 99% lactose-free, making this cake lactose intolerant friendly! In addition, each serving has 13g of protein and is high in calcium, AND is gluten-free… can it get any better?!
Read more: Lifeway Kefir’s Farmer Cheese
This post is sponsored by Lifeway Kefir Farmer Cheese. As always, all opinions are my own.
Growing up in the kitchen with my mother, who is of Armenian descent, I always noticed her fondness for using farmers cheese in a variety of dishes rather than ricotta cheese. She’d make appetizers, crostinis, cakes, pasta dishes, and so on.
As I got older, and did a little more research into the nutritional facts behind farmers cheese versus ricotta cheese, I then understood why! While both are fabulous cheeses, I adore how Lifeway Kefir’s Farmer Cheese provides the special quality of live probiotics.
Probiotics are made up of good bacteria that can help keep your body functioning properly and healthy. This good bacteria can help your immune system fight off bad bacteria, as well as keep your digestive system healthy.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Creamy Farmers Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Kefir Farmer Cheese
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- (Optional) Allow the salmon fillets to sit out at room temperature for 10 minute prior to stuffing.
- Over medium high heat, add in the one teaspoon olive oil to warm up for 1 minute. Add in the chopped garlic to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Finally, add in the chopped spinach to sauté until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the sauteed garlic and spinach, farmers cheese, chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, black pepper, and salt until well-combined.
- Carefully slice a slot into the middle of each salmon fillet horizontally. Evenly stuff each salmon with a generous amount of the farmers cheese mixture.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add in the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil to heat up for 1 minute.
- Gently lay each fillet face-side down (aka skin-side up) to cook for 4 minutes, until crispy and golden brown, then flip to cook on the other side an additional 3-4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Enjoy warm!
I truly hope you all enjoy this deliciously easy pan-fried salmon recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)