It’s officially Autumn, which means warm oatmeal to complement these chilly mornings! Anyone else with me? This Creamy Maple Pear Oatmeal recipe takes 6 minutes to make, low in calories, protein and fiber rich, and has digestive-healthy antioxidants. A winner, if you ask me!
How to make creamy oatmeal?
The secret to making the most luxuriously creamy oatmeal is using a 1:3 ratio of rolled oats to liquid. So, as you will notice with this recipe, I will use 1/2 cup rolled oats (one serving size) with 1 1/2 cups water (triple the amount of oats).
Typically though, I will use a 50:50 ratio of milk and water to make it even creamier! For instance, I will heat up 3/4 cup almond milk + 3/4 cup water, then add in my 1/2 cup rolled oats. SO CREAMY! SO GOOD!
And finally, just allow the oats to cook over low to medium low heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until you preferred creaminess.
Below is a short little recipe video to show just how easy these delicious oats are to make:
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Creamy Maple Pear Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Pear
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract or Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. Ginger Powder (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. If you prefer even creamier oats, then use a 50:50 ratio of water to milk.
- In the meantime, finely chop the pear.
- Add half of the chopped pears, rolled oats, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt, and (optional) ginger powder into the water. Use a spoon to stir it all together.
- Reduce heat to low to cook your oats for 5-6 minutes, or until your preferred creaminess. Transfer to a serving bowl, then add the remaining chopped pear and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this super simple, healthy, and quick breakfast recipe that will have you falling head over heels for oatmeal each morning! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!