This weekend it was just my mom and I at home for the first time in a while, so we decided to have a little fun in the kitchen testing out new flavor combinations. With that said, I can safely say my Creamy Spinach & Tuscan Chicken Pasta was definitely a winner as it can be simply made in less than 25 minutes with just two serving sizes for those casual evenings.
The funny part of the story is that this wasn’t even the most crazy or complex recipe from the weekend – it was actually just simply our lunch from Saturday!
We just tossed together some farm fresh ingredients (cherry tomatoes, basil, spinach, and garlic) to go along with some chicken breasts and pasta, because the weekend always call for a good pasta dish. Anyone with me?! I then started to play around with some almondmilk and my new favorite baking ingredient, arrowroot powder, to create healthy dairy-free creamy sauce. Although, if we had some parmesan cheese in our fridge, then I would’ve definitely added it in!! LOL
And to our surprise, it turned out to be so easy to make, quick and very satisfying as we did work around the house!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking absolute deliciousness that will wow your dinner date 😉
Recommendation: If desiring to maximize flavor, I highly advise grating some parmigiana-reggiano in either the sauce (about 1/4 cup) or grating a decent amount on top of the plated recipe. Then, garnish with some freshly chopped basil for a delectable dinner!
Creamy Spinach & Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast, (about 1-2 chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Almondmilk
- 1 tsp. Arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp. Each: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Pappardelle Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook the pasta until al dente.
- In a skilet pan over medium high heat, add in the olive oil to warm up for 1 minute. In the meantime, pound out your chicken breast(s) on a clean surface or in a plastic bag to be 1/2" thick. Add the chicken breast(s) into the prepared pan to brown for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Then, cover the pan to cook thoroughly.
- In the meantime, add your quartered tomatoes, minced garlic, and 1 tbsp. water to a sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir in the juice and zest of the lemon, sea salt, black pepper, arrowroot powder, and almondmilk. Finally, add in the chopped spinach and basil. Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- To begin plating, I recommend adding a decent portion size of the pasta among two plates, then split the chicken breast(s) in two portion sizes to place on top of the pasta. Evenly distribute the creamy sauce on to the chicken. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe that is great for either lunch or dinner, and makes tasty leftovers for the next day if there is just one of you! ’till next time… xxL
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:130 (NIV)
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Ingredients that I used in the recipe:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: click here
Papparadelle Pasta: click here