A batter filled with bright, fresh herbs from the summer’s harvest, these Crispy Zucchini Crepes with Smoked Salmon are a savory treat that takes less than 20 minutes to make!
The best way to describe these zucchini crepes/pancakes’s taste is to imagine a zucchini fritter except much larger and thinner (much like a crepe lol)…. every bite will punch you with fresh notes of mint, dill, and parsley that beautifully compliment the neutral taste of zucchini.
I topped my zucchini crepes with a homemade yogurt-lime sauce. You just simply mix together a little greek yogurt and lime juice to thin it out. Then, I like to mix in some sea salt, black pepper, and occasionally some chives for added depth. That’s it! Super simple! And makes the best topping sauce that adds great protein to the recipe.
How do I serve the zucchini crepes?
First, I highly recommend the yogurt-lime sauce mentioned above.
Second, I would add some source of protein. Smoked salmon is a nice touch, but may not be for everyone. Try adding some ground turkey or thinly-sliced grilled chicken.
Third, I recommend garnishing with pickled onions – yum!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Crispy Zucchini Crepes with Smoked Salmon
- 2 cups Zucchini, shredded, 2-3 zucchini
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, about 1/4 cup
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, + more for cooking
- 1/2 Lemon, zest & juice
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse together the fresh mint, dill, parsley, red onion, and green onions 2-3 times. Add in the olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pulse until pesto-like texture. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour, salt, egg, and shredded zucchini. Mix until well combined.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add 1/2 cup of the batter, then use a flat knife or spoon to thin out the batter to be 1/4 – 1/8" thick. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add more olive oil each time to achieve those perfect crispy outer edges. Repeat with remaining batter. (Makes about 4 crepes)
- Top with a yogurt-lime dressing (simply combine salt, black pepper, plain greek yogurt, and lime juice), thinly-sliced smoked salmon, and pickled onions. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe that is bright with my favorite summer herbs fresh from the garden (or in my case, the farmers market lol). ’till next time… xxL
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)