Our Sweet Pickle & Basil Braised Chicken Thighs made with leftover pickle juice from Bubbie’s Bread and Butter Pickles is one of the tastiest options to keep from being wasteful. But I’m curious, how do you use your leftover pickle juice?
In all honesty, I could actually drink the juice from an empty jar of Bubbie’s Bread and Butter Pickles! From the first crack of opening a fresh jar, Bubbie’s takes you on a journey with wholesome ingredients, organic produce, and absolute deliciousness. It begins with the salty crunch and sweet aftertaste, then leaves you with this tasty pickle juice to add an abundance of flavor to a variety of dishes.
This post is sponsored by Bubbie’s Pickles. As always, all opinions are mine.
What makes Bubbie’s Bread and Butter Pickles different?
- fermented with naturally present cultures
- no preservatives
- no added sugar
Where to buy?
You can view a location near you by clicking here. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods Market, FYI.
Learn more about Bubbie’s Bread and Butter Pickles here.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Sweet Pickle & Basil Braised Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup Bubbie's Bread and Butter Pickle Juice
- 1/4 cup Bubbie's Bread and Butter Pickles, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, pickle juice, flour (optional if you like a thicker sauce), and chopped basil. Set aside
- In a large cast iron (preferably a deep 12" skillet), add in the olive oil to heat up over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Generously season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Add the chicken into the pan to sear on each side until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the pickles and chopped garlic to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, then flip to simmer for an additional 20 minutes (chicken is fully cooked at 165F internal temperature). Serve warm.
- Serving recommendations: Quinoa and Green Beans or Basmati Rice and Sliced Tomatoes
I truly hope you all enjoy this easy chicken dinner recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)