This may just be the quickest and easiest pasta recipe that I’ve created. My Easy, 6-Ingredient Avocado Pesto can simply be made in your blender, then tossed over low heat with your favorite durum wheat pasta for a delicious lunch.
We have entered into those strange few days after Christmas and right before New Years, which means there is still many events to attend and leftovers to eat. However, if your looking for an easy lunch or dinner idea that will help get you back on the healthy track, then I recommend tossing this pasta dish together!
…Just to clarify, be sure to remove the pit/skin from the avocado and just toss the avocado flesh into the blender! The picture is purely for show. 🙂
I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas yesterday! Let’s put those leftovers aside for now, and grab a few ingredients to make the easiest pesto pasta dish that’ll full your body with energy and much needed nutrients after all those holiday sweets.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Easy, 6-Ingredient Avocado Pesto
- 8 oz. Pasta
- 1 large & ripe Avocado, flesh only
- 3 oz. Fresh Basil
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Parsley
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, then cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the avocado flesh, fresh basil, fresh parsley, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Pulse until combined, then pulse in the olive oil. Add in 1/4 cup pasta water (half of the reserved) in the blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add the drain pasta back into a large pan over low heat with the smooth pesto. Toss together until warm, adding the remaining 1/4 cup reserved pasta water as needed.
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a prosperous new year ahead! xxL
More Recipes You May Enjoy: