Easy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
Lately, I have been obsessed with chili powder. Because I am not a huge fan of spicy foods and I thought it would be ultra spicy, I would typically try to steer away from dishes with it… then, a few months ago I decided to face my food fears and incorporate it in a few dishes… now I can’t get enough of it! As you see in these Easy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos, chili powder is almost a magical seasoning that will add so much flavor to your meals!
I added the descriptive word “easy” in the title of this recipe, because I wanted to emphasize how EASY this recipe is! It is truly simple as you just rub the 4 spices onto your chicken, cook it, then bake it with diced pineapple and red onion. And not to mention the flavor combination, but WOW! There is so much flavor bursting out of this dish, that each bite is sure to be crowd pleasing!
Honestly, I would eat just the chicken mix alone or serve with some rice or quinoa. It would be perfect for meal prepping, as well! A little side note – I had our leftovers the following day, and it was even delicious cold! The flavors must have absorbed into the chicken overnight, as well, because it tasted like it had even more flavor than the previous night! Can this recipe get any better?!
It’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Easy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- 1.25 lb Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1.5 cups Fresh Pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Honey Mustard or Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings, such as coleslaw, tomatoes, cotija cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring a pan over medium high heat to be slightly warm.
- In the meantime, add the chicken, extra virgin olive oil, honey, mustard, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt to a large bowl. Use your hands to rub the spices into the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the heated pan (it will sizzle), and then pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-20 minutes, depending on size of chicken, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- In a large bowl (or on the baking pan), toss together the finely diced pineapple, minced red onion, and shredded chicken. Evenly distribute the mix onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately by evenly distributing the chicken into your tortillas. Then, serve with your favorite taco toppings, such as coleslaw, fresh pineapple, spring onions, cheese, and so on!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! xxL
Delicious recipes you may enjoy, as well: