Sautéed with a little bacon and basil, our Easy Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi is four simple ingredients that will have your mouth watering. After trying the frozen kind, I just wasn’t a huge fan of how it tasted gummy and sticky when reheated but I loved the concept so I set out on a mission to create a better version. Lightly sweet and nutty notes, this gnocchi is calling your name!
This post is sponsored by Batistini Farm’s Organic Notes 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil. As always, all opinions are mine.
Batistini Farms is a family-operated and owned company located in Winston-Salem, NC. Supporting small family farmers in the countrysides of Italy, husband and wife duo offer award-winning extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegars, ancient Tuscan grain pastas, herbs, Cerignola olives, and more! Rooted in family to produce high quality Italian products.
Featured in this lasagna recipe is their best-selling Organic Lemon Olive Oil that you can learn more or shop now here.
It’s handcrafted from estate organic olives and cold extracted within 24 hours of harvest to make a delectable and aromatic fusion with zesty lemons from nature.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Easy Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp. Batistini Farms 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- Bring a large pot of water over medium high heat to a boil, then add the cauliflower to cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower, then transfer to a kitchen towel to cool for 5-10 minutes. Over a bowl or the sink, wrap the cauliflower up in the kitchen towel to squeeze as much excess water out as possible.
- Add the cauliflower to a high speed blender or food processor to pulse 2-3 times until fine crumbles, then add in the flour, salt, and olive oil to pulse 2-3 more times until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured surface, then knead until the dough is soft and pliable. (If the dough feels too wet, add more flour. If the dough feels too dry, add a little water.)
- Section the dough into two pieces, roll each section into a rope, then cut into bite-sized gnocchi pieces.
- Sauté the cauliflower gnocchi in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. To ensure that the gnocchi is tender completely through, add a splash of water at the end to steam cook them. (Serve with pasta sauce, pesto, sautéed vegetables, etc.)
I truly hope you all enjoy this copycat Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)