The next few weeks are full of birthday surprises for my family. So, what better to celebrate the beginning of February birthdays than with a Valentine’s Day-inspired cake! Therefore, let me introduce you to our Eggless Banana & Strawberry Cake for Valentine’s Day that will get you in just the perfectly lovable, cheery, bright, and happy mood.
I’m keeping this blogpost simple and straight to the point today, because the center of attention is all on the cake!
You can completely skip filling the inside with candy or substitute the candy with raspberries and blueberries! Completely up to your personal preference!
Let’s grab our aprons and begin bakings deliciousness!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Eggless Banana & Strawberry Cake for Valentine’s Day
For the Eggless Banana Cake:
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Banana
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
For the Strawberry Buttercream:
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Pureed Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the mashed banana, brown sugar, almondmilk, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated, but be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into 2-3 greased and lined cake pans. (If you choose 3 pans, opt for 6")
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, mix the powdered sugar and softened butter on low speed.
- Add the strawberry puree and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Allow the cake layers to cool for at least 15 minutes. Then, frost as you normally would.
- (Optional) Cut out the center of the middle layer and fill with your favorite Valentine's Day candy.
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe! ’till next time! xxL