It’s a beautiful day to have this absolutely scrumptious, Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket! These Bagel Dogs are a quick and easy lunch/dinner for kids and adults!
These everything bagel dogs bring back childhood memories. I always remember being SUPER excited when my mom would pull these bad boys out of the oven! My brother and I would dash into the kitchen and leave no pig in a blanket remaining! They were that good!!
Some of my favorite recipes are just taking childhood memories and putting my own unique spin on them and/or recreating them into a recipe! I think food is a magical way of bringing comfort and memories that will last a lifetime!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I used my famous olive oil biscuits recipe that is in my cookbook, Farmers Market to Family Gatherings. Of course, you can always use your go-to biscuit recipe or a frozen biscuit package from your local market! But… I can’t promise that they will taste as amazing without my olive oil biscuits recipe 🙈
These everything bagel dogs are SO EASY, which is probably one of the reasons my mom used to love making them! As a busy mom with a full work schedule, she somehow always managed to make my family these fresh & delicious meals. I truly admire her for that, as well as all the other moms out there!
With Memorial Day right around the corner, these bagels dogs are a MUST HAVE at your backyard bbq hangout or beach day or family/friend celebration! Not only are they easy, they are fulfilling, they are satisfying, they are a crowd pleaser… they are just plain awesomeness! Yes, I said awesomeness!
Let’s grab our aprons and begin cooking!
Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
- 12 Chicken or Sausage Breakfast Links
- Biscuit Dough… I used my olive oil biscuits recipe in my cookbook linked below. You can also use frozen dough from your local market.
- 1/3 cup Everything Seasoning (black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, sea salt)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil. Add in the breakfast links and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuit dough and cut 12 long triangular shapes.
- Place one breakfast sausage at the large end of one triangular-shaped piece of dough. Roll the dough towards the other end until completely wrapped (reference the 3rd picture above). Repeat with others.
- Brush each bagel dog with an egg wash and liberally sprinkle with everything seasoning.
- Bake on a pan lined with parchment paper for 15-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Optional: Serve with honey mustard.
Hope you all enjoy and have a good day! xxL
2 Samuel 7:22, “Therefore you are great, O Lord God. For there is none like you, and there is no God besides you, according to all that we have heard with our ears.” (ESV)