Dinner party with friends and/or family, our Fig, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Crostini will keep them coming back for more! Crunchy, creamy, lightly sweet, and the quiet bitterness from the arugula rounds off the perfect appetizer that can be prepared in under 15 minutes!
Common Breads to Use for a Crostini Recipe
- Sourdough Baguettes (may be the BEST type to use)
- Ciabatte (sliced into bite-sized pieces)
- French Bread
- Mini Bagels
- Whole Grain Sandwich Bread (toasted and sliced into quarters)
What is the difference between Crostini vs. Bruschetta?
Although they look similar and have similar preparations, it all comes down to how you cook and serve them that makes the difference.
Bruschetta is typically a thicker slice of rustic Italian bread that is grilled on an open fire to add a little char on each side. You will most often find it serve with a tomato, fresh basil, sea salt, and olive oil spread.
Crostini is often served on smaller slices of toasted bread (typically baguettes) and are baked to the perfect crunch. Fun fact: Did you know crostini is also known as “little toasts?”
Now, it’s time to wrap around our aprons purely for looks, because these delicious appetizer bites will only take a few minutes to prepare!
Fig, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 large Baguette
- 1-2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- 3-5 Figs, ripe (and thinly sliced)
- Honey, for serving
- (opt.) Lemon Zest, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2" thick slices.
- Arrange the baguettes in a single layer on a baking sheet, then drizzle evenly with the olive oil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden.
- To serve: Spread a generous layer of goat cheese on each crostini, top with a few arugula leaves, two (thin) fig slices, a drizzle of honey, and a little lemon zest. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this scrumptious, easy, and quick appetizer recipe that will keep your guests coming back for more! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.“
John 3:30 ESV
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!