4 Ingredients. 20 minutes. Absolute deliciousness! Perfect for a New Years Eve celebration or a family dinner appetizer, let’s just say our Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer didn’t last very long when taken out of the oven!
While 2020 will go down in the memory books for many of us, a year not to be forgotten, I can’t say that it was all negative. It actually ended up being a year of growth, opening my eyes to the importance of quality over quantity, and how the small moments can make the largest impact. Family members got married in intimate gatherings, drive-by celebrations took place, the community came together to support each other, local businesses were given more recognition than ever before… Where there was the uphill battles, there was also so many positives to be found. One even being this very moment – you’re alive and have those beautiful eyes to be able to read this!
While every year brings new opportunities, it was humbling to watch A Bright Moment grow like never before. All thanks to EACH and EVERY ONE OF YOU! And I really can’t express my gratitude enough! Thank you!
(Not sponsored) Products that I used:
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- 16 large Shrimp (fresh or thawed), peeled and deveined
- 8 strips of Bacon
- 2 tbsp. Honey, or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chives, for serving
- Ranch, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Soak 16-18 toothpicks in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
- Line the bacon strips in a single layer on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the bacon fat begins to render but is not crispy brown. Then, pat down each strip to remove any excess bacon fat, as well as replace the parchment paper (optional). Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Wrap each shrimp in the halved bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil. Brush each wrapped shrimp with the glaze.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then flip to bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives to serve.
I truly hope you all enjoy this super quick and easy appetizer recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!