There is just something special about using only fresh ingredients and making your favorite foods from scratch at home! This Healthy Crunchwrap Supreme won the hearts of many Taco Bell lovers in my family! It was an absolute winner out of this week’s recipes!
Although, sometimes I understand when you have absolutely no time and you need a quick satisfying meal… so never feel bad about having to eat out! I am just here to give you a healthier alternative that is great to make with family and friends!
Going into this, I thought it was going to take me quite a bit of time to figure out the recipe and technique, but it was actually SO EASY & FAST to make! It genuinely surprised me… in an amazingly awesome way!
Above is pictured all ingredients, besides the tortillas. As always, I encourage you to be creative and have fun with the fillings! If you’re not a huge fan of cabbage, then replace it with another vegetable in the cruciferous family group. You could use cauliflower or shaved brussel sprouts or broccoli…. If you don’t like ground beef or are vegan, then replace it with tofu.
Something I always want to encourage my readers to do is to make a recipe that resembles their personality… it makes cooking so much more entertaining! Turn on your favorite music and start dancing in the kitchen and just have fun with it!
Who’s ready to have fun? Let’s grab our aprons and begin cooking!
Healthy Crunchwrap Supreme
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 5 Large (Burrito-sized) Flour Tortillas
- 5 Small Flour Tortillas
- 5 Small Corn Tostadas, substitute with tortilla chips or another crunchy alternative
- 1 cup Salsa, or diced tomatoes & chopped parsley
- 1.5 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Small Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (optional)
- In a large pan over medium heat, add in 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Then, in a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and sea salt. Add the ground beef mixture into the pan. Cook until done, about 8-10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked ground beef to a separate bowl without removing any oils. Add the shredded cabbage into the same pan. Cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat, stirring consistently. Set aside.
- To Build the CrunchWrap: (Watch video for general guideline) In each large flour tortilla, add an equal amount of the ground beef. Then, add in two spoonfuls of cooked cabbage. Then, add in an equal amount of the shredded cheese. Then, add in an equal amount of black beans (optional). Then, add one corn tostada on top. Add an equal amount of shredded lettuce and salsa. Add on the final small flour tortilla and fold over the edges of the large flour tortilla.
- (Optional) I recommend pinning down each fold with a toothpick for an easier time cooking it. Then, you would remove the toothpicks once the crunchwrap has been placed seam side down into the pan.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. One at a time, add in each crunchwrap seam side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely and then place in an air-tight container in the refridgerator for 2-3 days.
Hope you all enjoy! xxL