I mean who wouldn’t want cookies for breakfast… am I right?! My Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal (made with olive oil) is every child’s dream breakfast! Honestly, even I love this cereal… taking me back to childhood and cookies & milk as a reward after a “hard day” at school.
Not only does this cookie cereal tastes SO GOOD, but it was SO EASY to make! I was pleasantly surprised, because I thought it was gonna take me forever to roll out each cookie bite. BUT it actually only took me about 15 minutes to make all these mini cookies. The key is to wet your hands and just pull the dough straight from the chilled batter. No need to have any fuss on exact measurements, just take very VERY small portions and begin using your fingers to form them into mini cookie dough balls.
+ This cookie cereal makes an AMAZING homemade gift for family and friends. It would be perfect if you were having a luncheon with the girls and wanted to send your guests home with a sweet gift! It would also be perfect for a little kid’s birthday party hostess gift. It would even be perfect for the holiday season (that is oh so quickly approaching) as a DIY handmade present!
Here, I simply placed the cereal into a very large mason jar with it’s lid, then wrapped a small square-shaped parchment paper on top, and tied it with a little piece of thread. It was so adorable that I didn’t want to take it off!
Encouraging quote of the day comes from Joyce Meyer.
“Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway.” – Joyce Meyer, I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
This quote makes me think back to Hebrews 13:5-6, where God PROMISES that He will never leave nor forsake us. We will have challenges thrown at us in every direction in every moment of weakness we have, but when our courage derives from the God who created the Heavens and the earth, and not from ourselves, then we are unstoppable in the face of every challenge… The world will try to change you and stop you from taking ahold of God’s right hand that He is so graciously reaching out towards you.
Time to grab our aprons and kickoff our baking for the day the right way!
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
- 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- 2 Medium-sized Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- PInch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, almond butter, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add this mixture into the flour mix. Using your hands or a stand mixer, mix the batter together until a soft dough forms. (It shouldn't be crumbly.) Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Wrap the cookie dough in saran wrap and set aside in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With wet hands, form mini cookie dough balls with your fingers from the chilled cookie dough. Use about 1/2 tsp. cookie dough for each cookie cereal ball. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crunchy and golden brown.
- Allow the cereal to cool completely before packing away. Store at room temperature in a air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! xxL
You may love these recipes, as well: