I decided to get a little bit of a running head start this year on Valentine’s Day prep, so I started to brainstorm a few creative breakfast ideas. However, I came to the conclusion that some of the BEST and MOST memorable breakfasts are simply the ones with our favorite foods… fresh fruit, crispy bacon, and fluffy pancakes. Then, BAM! The Healthy Pancake Breakfast Board was born.
There is truly only 3 big steps involved:
- Whip up your favorite pancake recipe. (I also have my healthy oat flour pancake recipe below for y’all to use, if you wish)
- Add a salty, savory component. (Examples: bacon, hash browns, eggs… Continue reading for instructions on how to make the CRISPIEST bacon)
- Pile on your favorite pancake toppings (Examples: almond or peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, whip cream)
It’s THAT EASY! Aesthetically-pleasing, crowd-pleasing, soul-satisfying… LOL
This is a BRILLIANT alternative to a charcuterie board for Valentine’s Day and perfect for a Galentine’s Day celebration with your besties.
Now, the real question… how do you make the CRISPIEST BACON EVER?
- Try cooking your slices on a wire baking rack over a large baking pan (to capture the grease) at 400F for 12-15 minutes for perfectly crispy bacon!
Now, it’s time to turn our charcuterie obsession into a new pancake breakfast board obsession!
Let’s grab our aprons and quickly whip up this deliciousness!
Healthy Pancake Breakfast Board
Oat Flour Pancakes:
- 1.5 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Anise (optional)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 – 1 cup Water or Buttermilk
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Banana, sliced
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Almond Butter
- Bacon, cooked
- Simply mix all the pancake ingredients together in a large bowl or pulse in a blender. Then, use 1/4 cup batter to cook each pancake on medium heat in a greased or nonstick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side (cover with lid while cooking).
- Have fun! Spread out your favorite pancake toppings across a clean surface/board, making sure everything is in bite-sized pieces.
- TIP: If adding bacon, try cooking your slices on a wire baking rack over a large baking pan (to capture the grease) at 400F for 12-15 minutes for perfectly crispy bacon!
I truly hope you all become inspired by the ADORABLE Pancake Breakfast Board! ’till next time! xxL