I think it’s about time I share my go-to brioche rolls recipe in celebration of Easter weekend. From cinnamon rolls to these fluffy Healthy Strawberry Brioche Rolls, you’re about to have a little bite of heaven in under 1 hour!
Easter and Christmas are my two favorite holidays that I look forward to every year. But it’s more than just the fond childhood memories and nostalgic desserts. It’s the fact that both holidays celebrate the one certainty we have in life – Jesus Christ.
John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 11:25-26 NIV Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Healthy Strawberry Brioche Rolls
For the Dough:
- 5 1/2 cup All Purpose or Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. Instant Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/4 cup Fresh Strawberries (optional), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Zest, about 1-2 lemons
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk of choice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- (optional) Pink Food Coloring or 1 tbsp. Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, instant yeast, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, warm up the milk and water until warm to touch. Whisk in the olive oil and room temperature eggs.
- Using the knead attachment, add the milk mixture into the flour mixture, then knead on low speed for 2-3 minutes, then knead on medium for 4-5 more minutes, or until the dough is soft and pliable.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or a damp kitchen towel to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 24×12" rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the filling all over the dough, then roll it up to cut into 12 equal pieces. (I recommend using a string to cut each piece.)
- Place the rolls in four rows of three, evenly spaced out. Cover the baking pan with saran wrap, then place into the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and set your timer for 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- In the meantime, make the frosting by whisking together the cream cheese and butter on medium until creamy. Then, add the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until fully blended. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired thickness. (Optionally, add the strawberry jam or food coloring until your desired pink coloring.)
- Remove the saran wrap from the baking pan, keeping them in the oven, then turn the oven back on to 375F. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and fully cooked. If need be, turn the heat down to 325F to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Let the strawberry rolls cool for 5-8 minutes, then spread the frosting evenly over the warm brioche rolls. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this Spring-inspired brioche recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)