My Homemade Oreo Cookies Without Butter (instead, they are made with extra virgin olive oil) are crunchy cookies with a creamy, soft filling that will send your taste buds to Heaven!
These Oreo Cookies are even prefect for dipping in milk! Give them one dip and they have that beautiful, tasty milk coating on them without getting too soft. Give them a second dip and they become soft enough to melt away into your mouth.
Whenever my brother comes home from college, I try to bake as many of his favorite treats from scratch as possible. Along with as many of his favorite savory meals. Therefore, that is how this Oreo Cookies recipe came about!
As a child, I absolutely loved when my mom would buy Oreo cookies. She would always buy the ones at Trader Joes or the Newman brand, as they seemed to be a little but on the healthier side than your normal Oreo cookie. Now that I can make them on my own, you better believe that they will have more of an appearance in my kitchen cabinet!!
My Homemade Oreos are great for any movie night, kids party, picnics, a delicious treat during the daytime, and perfect for so many more fun memories!!
You can even get a little creative with these Oreo Cookies, by adding in coconut shavings or caramel or melted chocolate into the filling. Or make them double-stuffed Oreos by adding two layers of the filling! See how much fun you can have with your own homemade Oreo cookies!!
The dough can be a little tricky when rolling out, sometimes. So very lightly flour the surface prior to placing your chilled dough on it to roll out. Then, flour your rolling pin, as well. Be careful not to use too much flour or else you will have white spots on your Oreo cookies when they bake.
Check out video above for an easy guideline. Now let’s grab our aprons and begin cooking!!
Homemade Oreos (Without Butter)
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup (Dark) Cacao Powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsp. Milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the sugar and extra virgin olive oil for 1 minute in a separate bowl.
- Add in the egg into the sugar mixture and whisk for another 30 seconds. Add in the milk and vanilla extract, whisk until well combined.
- Sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix together until evenly distributed.
- Form the batter into a rectangle-form and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Roll out the dough to be 1/8″ thick. Using a circular cookie cutter, or another kitchen item, make the circles about 2″ thick in diameter.
- Place the cut-out dough pieces on a pan with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
For Cream Filling:
- In a small bowl, add together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Using a hand mixer, whisk until a thick, creamy filling begins to form.
- Give it a taste test and don’t be afraid to add in a little bit more of powdered sugar and/or milk, according to your preference.
- Add about 1 tbsp. of cream filling on one cookie, and another cookie on top of the filling, and very gently squeeze together until the cream filling is evenly filled out. Then, scrap the remaining cream filling off the sides.
- Enjoy with some milk!
Watch me attempt to make the Worlds Biggest Oreo Cookie below!