How to Make Marshmallows (Without Corn Syrup) + Turmeric Hot Chocolate Recipe
(RECIPE VIDEO BELOW)
Store-bought marshmallows have nothing on homemade marshmallows! The best part about homemade marshmallows is that you can adjust the sugar-level, and it doesn’t take but about 25 minutes to make! These homemade marshmallows are made with NO corn syrup!
Plus, I included in my FAV turmeric hot chocolate recipe down below. It will seriously be hard to go back to normal hot chocolate after drinking this!
Homemade Marshmallows (NO Corn Syrup)
2 tbsp. Gelatin (I believe this would be two packets of Knox)
1 cup Water, preferably cold
1 3/4 cups Granulated Cane Sugar, (you could even use 1.5 cups)
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
2.5 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 – 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Liberally, dust a baking pan or 9″ pan with powdered sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin with 1/2 cup cold water. Give it a quick stir and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar with the other 1/2 cup of cold water. Continuously whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved. Do not allow the sugar to be brought to a boil.
- Add the gelatin into the sugar/water mix, and DO NOT stir until it reaches 240F. You can check this by using a candy thermometer, or bring it to a rolling boil. Once brought to a rolling boil, give it a quick stir.
- Carefully transfer the sugar/water/gelatin mix to a large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Using the whisk attachment, stir on a low speed for 3-4 minutes. This allows the steam to be released and cooled down.
- (Tip: Cover your mixer loosely with cloth or hand towel before adjusting the mixer speed) Increase the speed to high for 10-15 minutes. The marshmallow whip should have doubled in size, and soft peaks should be forming.
- Equally distribute the marshmallow whip onto your prepared pan, and allow them to cool for at least 2.5 – 3 hours, depending on the thickness of your prepared pan.
Servings: Varies by size of pan. Typically, it’s serving size 20 or more.
Turmeric Hot Chocolate
1.5 – 2 cups Milk, you could also use a dairy-free milk
3 tbsp. Milk or Dark Chocolate
2 tsp. Honey, or Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Turmeric
1 tsp. Cardamon
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper, or a pinch-size
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the milk, honey, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamon, and black pepper. As you continuously whisk, bring it to a simmer. And it is ready to drink with your homemade marshmallows!
- If you prefer a frothy hot chocolate, put it in a high speed blender for a few minutes.