This past week I have become truly obsessed with this salad recipe, it is my go-to lunch! My family has even started asking me to make a little extra for them to snag a bite! Now, don’t go shabby… grab yourself a BIG bowl and enjoy all the deliciously fresh flavors. It will leave you completely satisfied, full until dinner, and energy that’ll last all day long. Plus, I love how this salad will always leave you full, yet it won’t make you feel weighed down at all! This truly is the guide on How to Make the PERFECT Salad…
1st – Start with your base of 2-3 greens. I recommend pairing together a more tender, soft green (like romaine lettuce or arugula or baby spinach) with a richer, dark green (like lacinato kale or collard greens).
Then, toss your greens with the salad dressing (recipe below), until each leafy green is beautifully coated in the avocado dressing. Add additional salt and black pepper to taste.
2nd – Add 2-3 finely diced crunchy vegetables. Great examples are red bell peppers, carrots, celery, quartered cherry tomatoes, onions, cooked corn, shaved brussel sprouts, zucchini, and cucumbers.
3rd – Add a complex carbohydrate and/or protein source to keep you completely full. My favorites are homemade sweet potato fries (bake at 450F for 20-40 minutes), chickpeas, brown rice, and farro. This is a VERY important step and not one to be missed!
Toss the entire salad together and enjoy immediately. Easy as can be, am I right?! 🙂
No need for our aprons today, this will only take a few minutes!
How to Make the PERFECT Salad
For the Avocado Salad Dressing:
- 2 Avocados, ripe
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Kale, chopped
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Celery, diced
- Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- Leek or Red Onion, finely diced
- Chickpeas, Brown Rice, Farro, or Sweet Potato Fries (Bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes)
- Chopped & Roasted Nuts (Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the avocado salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Add additional water or olive oil, if you want a runnier salad dressing.
- Toss 1/4 cup of the salad dressing to a large bowl with a mix of chopped romaine lettuce and kale. Then, toss in your favorite salad toppings from the list above. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this salad recipe! Who knows? Maybe it will now become your go-to lunch! xxL