Psst… I have a lifesaving tip for you, that can save you hours of shredding pounds of chicken by those two forks! Easy way to get shredded chicken fast!
It all begins with the way your chicken is cooked. You want your chicken to be completely white (aka completely cooked) and tender.
- 2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breasts (I prefer to use Chicken Breasts Medallions)
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I love using Orange Olive Oil)
- Optional: 1 tsp. Cardamon, highly recommend if you use the orange olive oil!
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil. Add in the boneless chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Evenly sprinkle the seasonings onto the chicken (sea salt, black pepper, cardamon).
- Add in 1/4 cup water, reduce heat to medium, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 10-15, or until the chicken is fully cooked, depending on thickness of your chicken breasts. Flip all the chicken half-way through the 10-15 minute cooking time.
- Once cooked, carefully transfer the chicken breasts over to a bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment, lock the electric mixer head down to secure it from popping up and down. Then turn your mixer onto a medium speed, and mix for 12 seconds.
- And just like that, you have shredded chicken! If you want even tinier shredded chicken pieces, than I recommend mixing it for 5-15 seconds longer.
Check out our Baked Chicken Bolognese recipe linked here!