Alright y’all, this Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread (Made with Olive Oil) is light with hints of sweet honey to complement the fresh jalapeños… pair it with Proper Good’s NEW Southwest Chili, and you have yourself a made-from-scratch meal in less than 25 minutes with only a few minutes of hands-on work!
So, here me out – If there is one type of soup that I do not like making, it’s any type of chili… I don’t know why, but I always either under-spice or over-spice or do something else that leaves it just not perfect. BUT I LOVE CHILI, so when Proper Good reached out to me about their new Southwest Chili Soup, let’s just say I had a little party dance.
It’s Vegan-Friendly, made with plant-based ground beef, gluten free, zero added sugars, and 290 calories with 19 grams of wholesome protein!
Find out more about this soup and others by clicking here.
Proper Good is a small company that was started by a brother-sister duo, Jen & Chris, who had this desire to make good-for-you meals using clean ingredients at reasonable prices! With their unique packaging, their ready-to-eat soups stay fresh at room temperature (so it doesn’t take up space in your fridge – hallelujah!) and are easily tearable to be reheated when ready to eat 😉
No chemical preservatives, grass-fed bone broth, whole ingredients, and they meet a variety of different lifestyles from keto to gluten-free to vegan!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread (Made with Olive Oil)
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Fine Ground Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 large Eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk or Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey, or Maple Syrup or Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers, sliced and de-seeded
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil to a 10" skillet over medium high heat, then add in the corn and jalapeño peppers to saute until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the honey, buttermilk, and whisked eggs, then stir together until evenly combined. Fold in the browned corn and jalapeños, as well as the shredded cheddar.
- Pour the batter into the skillet to bake for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
’till next time! xxL
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” ~ Lamentations 3:25-26