This grilled cheese sandwich will have your mouth bursting with flavor in each bite! Filled with my ultimate comfort foods… I would have the grilled cheese everyday if I could! I can hear this Roasted Red Pepper, Kale, Salami & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese is screaming your name!
The kale makes it healthy… right!? No guilt over here! 🙂
I just love when meals are so satisfying that they curve your appetite without having to eat a million of them! It is packed with lots of nutrients and protein in every bite to satisfy your cravings and hunger with just one full sandwich.
Please don’t be intimidated by the ingredients! It is still truly as easy as your average grilled cheese. The only “extra” thing to do is roast the red bell pepper, but that is EASY 🙂
One bite into this heavenly grilled cheese… and BAM… you’re obsessed! Just like that, this grilled cheese is not only captivating with its looks, but also with its yummy flavors! Between the sweetness from the roasted red bell pepper and the saltiness of the salami, you seriously can not go wrong!
The kale adds a beautiful touch of green and earthy flavors to the grilled cheese, while still holding a nice crunch that adds to the decadent texture! And then the mozzarella cheese… when can you go wrong with mozzarella cheese!? Mozzarella adds a soft and milky flavor that brings home everything else.
Just make sure that bread is extra crispy and toasted for the perfect bite!
Let’s grab our aprons and start grilling!
Roasted Red Pepper, Kale, Salami & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Large Sliced of Fresh Mozzarella
- 4 Slices of an Artisan Sourdough Bread, such as Pain Au Levain or San Francisco
- 4 Basil Leaves
- 4-6 Slices of Salami, try to buy a high-quality salami
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 500F or Broil.
- Place the bell pepper on a small pan lined with parchment paper. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until slightly blackened.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil. Allow the olive oil to warm up for 1-2 minutes.
- In the meantime, build your grilled cheese by adding the roasted bell pepper, that has been sliced, evenly to two slices of bread. Add kale, a slice of mozzarella, 2 basil leaves, and 2-3 slices of salami on top of each slice, as well. Add the other slices of bread on top of each and place in the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately.
Hope you all enjoy! xxL
Psalm 27:1 (NIV)
“The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?”