Growing up, I remember my dear mother always telling fond memories of her grabbing a slice of this yogurt cheesecake she would get from a NYC bakery. And after years of trying to recreate it, we decided to go beyond a traditional recreation… this Layered Chocolate & Vanilla Yogurt Cheesecake is oh-so creamy, decadent, and a will most definitely be a showstopper this holiday season!
Easy Steps to Making a Cheesecake:
- Make the pie crust. Usually takes a maximum of 10 minutes (baking included).
- Blend together all cheesecake ingredients. Yep, that easy!
- Bake until firm, but also still jell-o-like wobbly in the middle.
- Let in cool for 1 hour in the oven. Of course, the key is to keep that oven door slightly cracked. My biggest tip is to fold up a thick kitchen towel to place in between the door hinges. This helps any harsh movements in the kitchen that could cause the door to slam shut.
- Let it chill in the fridge overnight. I usually make this in the evening the day prior to when I want to serve it. Keeps life simple and mess-free on the day of eating it!
- Enjoy this guilt-free cheesecake that’s creamy goodness all around!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Layered Chocolate & Vanilla Yogurt Cheesecake
- 21 oz. 2% Greek Yogurt
- 21 oz. Cream Cheese
- 7.5 oz. Farmers Cheese, or Ricotta Cheese
- 4 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 6 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1-2 tbsp. Orange Zest
- 1/4 cup Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together the crushed graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and yogurt. Then, press it firmly into a 9" cheesecake pan. Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients, EXCEPT the chocolate, to blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Split the batter into two bowls. In one bowl, use a spatula to fold in the melted chocolate, as well as an additional one tablespoon flour.
- Pour the chocolate layer into the prepared cheesecake pan, then even out the layer with a spatula. In a swirl-like motion, slowly pour the vanilla layer on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the middle has just set. (The middle should be slightly jiggly like jell-o, but also look firm.)
- Turn off the oven, crack the door, and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour. Then, cover and transfer to the fridge to chill overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Optional: Serve with poached pears dipped in chocolate or fresh berries. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this delicious double Layered Chocolate & Vanilla Yogurt Cheesecake recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.“
Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!