Did you know that lemons have antibacterial and antiviral properties? And if you can’t tell already, I am a huge fan of lemons – baking, cooking, cleaning! Our Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup (Immune-Boosting) is bright with the citrus, satisfying with the tender chicken, and it’s deliciousness is complimented with tons of nutrition!
How to Improve Your Immunity System?
The first step is gently changing your diet to incorporate more citrus fruits that are packed with Vitamin C, as well as more fresh (or frozen) vegetables. Healthy, regular nutrition is the key to fighting any bad bacteria in your body.
A few examples of nutrient-dense, immunity-boosting foods:
- Red Bell Peppers
Other methods include:
- Prioritize 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Practice clean hygiene, such as frequently washing your hands.
- Drink plenty of water and reduce alcohol intake.
- Exercise regularly.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight by being mindful about what you are feeding your body.
- Try to minimize stress levels.
How do you store the soup? How long can you store the soup?
As with any soup or stew recipe, allow it to cool down to room temperature (but don’t leave out longer than 2 hours). Then, scoop the soup into an air-tight container (preferably a glass jar or container).
Soups and stews can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can also store in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Keep in mind that the more oxygen you remove from the food, the better quality and longer it will last.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup (Immune-Boosting)
- 2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 2 cups Chicken Breasts, cooked & shredded
- 3 Lemons
- 1 cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- In a large stock pot, add in the extra virgin olive oil, diced onion and garlic. Cook over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is tender. If the garlic begins to burn, turn down the heat and add a splash of water.
- Add in the chopped carrots, celery, and ground cumin. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add in the chicken broth, zest of 1 lemon, and juice of all 3 lemons. Add in the shredded chicken and brown rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. (Tip: Add more water to create more liquids, if necessary).
- Add salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and dill.
I truly hope you all enjoy this healthy soup recipe, stay safe, and keep healthy! If any of you need prayer, please don’t hesitate to ask. ’till next time… xxL
“fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.“
Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)