If I could recommend one recipe for you all to make this week, it would be my new Lemon Parmesan-Crusted Cod Fillets that take less than 20 minutes to make and are SO delicious! In fact, almost any fish you like with this crust recipe – I will actually be making it again tonight using salmon, it’s so good!
The list of reasons why this is one of the BEST HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES ON THE PLANET EARTH could go on forever!
- It’s quick to make
- The oven is doing all the hard work 😉
- It’s super simple
- It’s high in protein
- It’s pretty low carb but still satisfies!
- It’s family-approved!!
What to serve with parmesan crusted fish?
Great question! I find this recipe made complete when paired with roasted asparagus (drizzle in lemon juice and sea salt) and maybe a side of couscous or rice pilaf. If you rather stick to vegetables, try it with cauliflower rice and sliced (and salted) heirloom tomatoes. A corn salsa is also delicious, creamy risotto is great for date night, and a simple tossed salad is always a crowd-pleaser!
Whether cooking for yourself, your special someone, or your family, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Lemon Parmesan-Crusted Cod Fillets
- 4 6oz. Cod Fillets (1/2" – 3/4" thick)
- 1/2 tsp. each: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Dried Italian Herbs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and dried Italian herbs.
- Place each fillet on the prepared baking tray. Using a paper towel, pat dry the fish fillets to remove any moisture, then generously season with the sea salt and black pepper.
- Evenly spoon the parmesan mixture onto each fillet, then gently press it down.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 125-130F). Broil for 3-4 minutes, until golden crispy tops.
I truly hope you all enjoy this super simple, very quick, and high protein dinner recipe that will satisfying all savory cravings! ’till next time… xxL
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.“
Galatians 1:10 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!