Cheers to the long weekend ✨ Let’s celebrate the wonderful achievements of American workers with our Mint, Grapefruit, and Rosemary Sodas that take less than 15 minutes to make!
The secret behind this recipe is the homemade simple syrup. It takes 10 minutes to simmer and makes your house smell amazing !!
You can use this all natural syrup to make spritzers, homemade sodas, nonalcoholic and alcoholic drinks. It is just that versatile!!
What to do with the leftover compote?
After you’ve strained the syrup, you’ll have an abundance of really delicious fruit compote that I just couldn’t bear to throw away. So I tossed it in a blender with a little water to blend until very smooth.
Then, use this blended mixture to marinate chicken or steak for 1-2 hours in the fridge. It will perfectly complement the homemade sodas, making the best Labor Day weekend meal!!
Now, it’s time to tie on our aprons and begin stirring up some deliciousness!
Mint, Grapefruit, & Rosemary Sodas
- 2 Grapefruits, zest & juice
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar, or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 Mint Springs, about 1/4 cup
- 4 cups Pineapple Chunks, about 1/2 pineapple
- Sparkling Water, for serving
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir together the pineapple chunks, grapefruit juice, cane sugar, rosemary sprigs, mint sprigs, and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the grapefruit zest, then allow the simple syrup to cool completely, then strain the pulp.
- To serve: Add 1 part simple syrup with 1 part sparkling water. Garnish with a slice of fresh grapefruit and fresh rosemary or mint leaves.
I truly hope you all enjoy this divine end-of-summer drink recipe that will bring any frown upside down 😉 ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!