Mushroom, Avocado, & Egg Savory Crepes are the ultimate breakfast for champions because they are aesthetically-pleasing and seriously tasty to start your day off on the right foot! Plus, they are simpler than you might’ve imagined to make.
Crepes are one of my favorite recipes to make when having guests over. You can make them savory or sweet just by substituting / adding 1-2 ingredients. Plus, it’s as simple as making pancakes (if you have a nonstick skillet pan) but looks like you put in a good mornings worth of work 😉
Recommended savory toppings that are easy to plate:
- Sautéed mushrooms with truffle extra virgin olive oil
- Sautéed spinach with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
- Broccoli sprouts
- Sautéed thinly-sliced red onion or shallots
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Freshly chopped cilantro
Now, it’s time to impress with these aesthetically-pleasing, beyond simple, and quite delicious savory crepes!
Mushroom, Avocado, & Egg Savory Crepe
- 1 large Egg
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 4 Eggs
- In a food processor or blender, combine the all the savory crepe ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, then transfer to a bowl/jar with a cover to refridgerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, warm up a 10" nonstick skillet pan for 1-2 minutes. Pour a little olive oil on a paper towel, then grease the pan.
- Use 1/4 cup batter for each crepe (will make appx. 4 crepes). Immediately after pouring the batter, swirl the pan to create a thin bottom layer.
- Cook for 20 seconds, or until the top looks cooked, then use a thin spatula to carefully flip the crepe. Cook for an additional 10-15 seconds. Transfer to a plate, cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Place the crepes on a lined baking pan. Crack an egg into the center of each crepe, then fold the edges toward the center (use toothpicks to hold down the edges, if needed).
- Bake until egg white is set and yolk is a little runny, about 12 minutes. Garnish with sautéed mushrooms and spinach. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
I truly hope you all enjoy this simply tasty savory crepe recipe that is high in protein and pretty low-calorie, as well! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (esv)