The past two weeks have been filled with all the chaos that renovating and moving can cause, so I’m grateful to finally get back into the routine of cooking again. First things first, I hopped on to make my Nectarine, Cucumber, and Goat Cheese Toast that is a vibrantly magical combination!
A little backstory: The house we bought originally had a convection oven, but I was determined to have a gas range lol… However, with the current world situation, electricians and plumbers have been SO backed up. So, since I haven’t had my gas range hooked up just yet, I went outside to grill (“toast”) these slices of bread at 8am this morning. Our new neighbors probably thought we were crazy! Ha ha
If you love sourdough toast as much as I do, then I recommend checking out my blogpost on How to Add Protein to Your Avocado Toast 🙂
Can I use other fruits?
Yes! Last week was when I created this recipe after a quick run to the grocery store for some fruit. I originally used yellow peaches (since they were fresh from a local farm), but this week I tried a seasonal nectarine. Both were so delicious!!
I recommend sticking to a soft and sweet fruit to pair with the lightness of the toast. Other great options include: thinly-sliced honey crisp apples, pears, papaya, and even mango!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin toasting deliciousness!
Nectarine, Cucumber, and Goat Cheese Toast
- 1 slice of Sourdough Bread
- 1 tbsp. Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Nectarine or Yellow Peach, thinly sliced
- 2-3 thinly-sliced strips of Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Broccoli Sprouts or Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. Honey, or Maple Syrup
- Sesame Seeds, for garnishing (optional)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Toast your slice of sourdough bread to your liking, then slather on the goat cheese. Add the remaining ingredients in this order: sprouts, thinly-sliced nectarines, thinly-sliced cucumber, drizzle of honey, and garnish with sesame seeds (optional). Add sea salt to taste. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe as it has quickly become one of my favorite savory-sweet toasts that I just can’t get enough of! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!