No Mayonnaise Chicken Salad Sandwiches
No Mayonnaise Chicken Salad Sandwiches… what??!!
Yes… you won’t even notice the difference! My family actually has grown to prefer this recipe over your normal chicken salad recipe.
Growing up, my mom would always throw me little tea parties. This past Friday, a bunch of girls in my family decided to create our own tea room and it was such a special time! We had orange-lemon zest scones, herb & cheese biscuits, caprese salad, deviled eggs, and of course, chicken salad sandwiches. And the best part…. all the food was made without mayonnaise, butter, and was not highly saturated with salt. So in my world, that said, guilt-free & all-you-can-eat! 🙂
It is really important to use high quality ingredients to experience the best flavors!!
Some of my favorite pantry must-haves:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: click here.
Raw Apple Vinegar: click here.
No Mayonnaise Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken* (check link below for a life saving tip)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt**
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Raw Apple Vinegar
- 1/4 Red Onion, minced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1/3 cup Red Grapes, quartered OPTIONAL
- 2 tbsp. Dried Italian Herbs OPTIONAL
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook and shred the chicken. The link here will take you to the instructions on how I cook my chicken, and how I shred it in 12 seconds: https://abrightmoment.com/how-to-shredded-chicken-in-12-seconds/
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken into a large bowl. Stir, until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Once the shredded chicken has cooled, add it into the yogurt mix, and stir.
- Serve on sliced Artisan bread. I love adding this on Pain Au Levain bread that is locally made.
Here is a tiny little peak into our “homemade” tea room this past week:
More recipes to come…