And we are back with a delicious, (One-Pot) Beef & Peas Rigatoni recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make! There is something comforting and de-stressing about cooking in the evening as you settle down for the night. Although I absolutely adore being creative and trying out new ingredients as often as I can, there are some nights that I just want a really simple dinner that can be made quickly…. and will keep everyone satisfied for the night! This one-pot meal answers that request perfectly!
So, you may be wondering… Why peas?
First, peas are very low in calories so they are a perfect addition to add flavor and nutrition to an already satisfying dish. Second, they have protein! I am ALL about secretly adding more protein to your diet through natural ingredients. Third, peas are a phenomenal source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, manganese, Vitamin A, and iron. Oh, and high sources of Vitamin K! Amazing, right?!
A little background behind the recipe development: Although I originally tried making this recipe by cooking the pasta in the oven, it turned out SO MUCH BETTER when I cooked the pasta separately to add in later. However, you still only need one pot to cook everything so we’re rocking with it!
Time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness! Your family and friends may even decide to come back tomorrow for dinner, as well! 🙂
(One-Pot) Beef & Peas Rigatoni
- 1 lb. Rigatoni
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes (Can)
- 1/2 cup Freshly Chopped Herbs, like parsley and cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. For a one-pot meal, use an oven-safe pot like a cast iron skillet. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set the pasta aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan, add the olive oil. Then, begin cooking the ground beef until fully cooked on medium high heat, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, frozen peas, and fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta, stir to combine, then top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is beginning to turn golden brown.
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe! ’till next time! xxL