There’s something about the chilly weather that makes chicken roasts so satisfying. Braiding together the savory winter thyme with the sweet citrus, my Orange, Thyme, & Honey Roasted Chicken is simply perfect for those gatherings around the dinner table with family and friends.
I highly recommend printing out this recipe just to hold on to the baking/roasting chicken instructions. Whether you choose to use the marinating sauce or not is up to you, but these instructions will always leave you with perfectly tender chicken in less than 30 minutes!
The secret to not drying out the chicken whilst baking? The tinfoil method! (Described in instructions) The chicken will continue to cook after pulled out of the oven, so the tinfoil “tent” helps to keep in the moisture.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and feed a crowd of hungry guests 😉
Orange, Thyme, & Honey Roasted Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts, about 1 lb. to 1 1/2 lbs.
- 4-6 Figs, quartered
- 2 Oranges
- 4-6 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Honey, or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a 9×13″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of 1 orange, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and cardamom (optional).
- In the prepared pan, add the chicken breasts in a single layer. Slice the remaining orange into quarters. Surround the meat with the sliced oranges, figs and thyme leaves (trying to keep all ingredients to a single layer).
- Season each chicken with the salt and black pepper, then generously brush the orange juice mixture onto each chicken breast. Drizzle the remaining mixture over the sliced fruits.
- (Optional) Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked at 165F.
- Remove from the oven, then loosely tent the baking dish with aluminum foil for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with fresh thyme leaves to garnish.
I truly hope you all enjoy this delicious dinner recipe that is perfect for the upcoming chilly evenings with family and friends surrounded by the dinner table! ’till next time… xxL
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.“
Galatians 1:10 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!