Guess what?! It’s cookie week over here in the Bright Moment Kitchen and we couldn’t be more happy! I mean, come on, who doesn’t look a good cookie? Especially when you can make them healthier and still taste just as scrumptious… if not even more delicious! We are starting the week off with the most festive, holiday-inspired cookie we could think of… Pecan & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (NO Butter).
Wanna know a secret? You would’ve never known that they were made without butter unless you are the one baking them! They are super soft and will just melt in your mouth with every bite. I had a whole tray of these cookies out for the week of Thanksgiving and everyone in my household ate them up within only hours of baking!
Since we are working with extra virgin olive oil, which adds a beautiful richness to the cookie, the cookie dough becomes a little LESS complicated to work with. No need to waste time chilling the dough, because this cookie dough batch is ready to bake immediately after every ingredient has been well incorporated together.
Wanna know another secret? There is 1/4 cup ground flaxseed in the cookies that adds to the nuttiness of the cookie, as well as benefits your body! Flaxseeds are an excellent source of healthy fat, full of antioxidants and fiber, omega-3, and is rich in protein, as well!
However, I always say that baking is a labor of love… worth every moment for every bite!
It is time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
Pecan & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (NO Butter)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pecans
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed, you can substitute for more flour, as well
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the extra virgin olive oil, brown sugar, and granulated cane sugar. Mix on a high speed for 1-2 minutes, until creamy.
- Reduce the mixing speed to medium high, then add in the baking soda. Then, add in the vanilla extract, sea salt, and ground flaxseed. Then, add in the eggs one at a time. Finally, gradually add in the flour until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks, as well as pecans.
- Line two pans with parchment paper. Use a small ice-cream scooper (about 2 tbsp.) to scoop the cookie dough onto the pan. (Leave 2" of space between each cookie)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the tops are set.
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe! Be sure to keep checking back this week for more delicious, healthy, scrumptious, and easy cookie recipes.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: