We are always on the hunt for savory dinners that are satisfying and packed with yummy goodness for our bodies. High in protein, low carb, and digestion-approved, my Quinoa-Stuffed Mexican Bell Peppers is calling your name!
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity. As much as we love making almost everything from scratch, we are ALL for finding healthy shortcuts at the grocery store whenever possible to save yourself some time in the kitchen and create more time at the dinner table! The highlighted shortcut (and our favorite) is the taco seasoning mix. My personal favorite include Siete Foods Mild Taco Seasoning and Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning (not sponsored).
THE KEY IS BUYING THE DRY SEASONING MIX (do not give into a sauce packet or else the stuffed bell peppers will become too soggy).
Now, it is time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Quinoa-Stuffed Mexican Bell Peppers
- 4 large Bell Peppers
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken, substitute with chickpeas for vegan option
- 3 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 2 1-oz. packets of Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pureed Tomatoes, little less than a 14.5oz can
- (optional) Shredded Cheese, for topping
- (optional) Lime Wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, toss together your choice of protein (chickpeas or chicken) and cooked quinoa to combine. Add in the pureed tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and taco seasoning. Stir together until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Slice each bell pepper in half lengthwise, then place open-side up in a 9×13" baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper or greased with olive oil.
- Evenly distribute the quinoa mixture into each bell pepper. Drizzle with the tablespoon of olive oil, then bake covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese on each bell pepper, then bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with lime wedges and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe that is great for meal prepping or simple family dinners! ’till next time… xxL
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
Colossians 3:15 (NIV)