Only 20 minutes to spare for dinner? Give our Roasted Salmon with Beets, Oranges, and Brussel Sprouts recipe a try! It’s satisfying, supports brain health and digestive health, fights inflammation, and is high in protein.
What to pair with the roasted salmon and vegetables?
Although I find this recipe to completely satisfying and filling on it’s own, since the vegetables are rich in fiber, always feel free to add your favorite complex carbohydrates!
Some great complements to this dish would be:
- Basmati or Brown Rice with minced garlic
- Sourdough Bread, sliced and toasted with extra virgin olive oil
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Baked or Fried Plantains with Black Beans
- Served over Tagliatelle Pasta (click here for my favorite that’s high in protein)
Can I tell you a secret? I didn’t edit the colors at all in the picture above! As we transition into the seasonal fruits and vegetables of Autumn, they never fail to amaze me with their vibrant colors and aromas.
From valley green brussel sprouts to sunburst orange beets, cooking becomes a little more exciting to me the more I can work with seasonal produce.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin roasting deliciousness to satisfy!
Roasted Salmon with Beets, Oranges, and Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 2 Beets
- 1 cup Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 Orange, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. each: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fresh Dill Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using a vegetable peeler or knife, carefully peel the skin off the beets, then cut into thin slices. Add them to the prepared baking pan.
- Add the halved brussel sprouts and diced orange to the pan, as well.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over all the vegetables and salmon fillets, then squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over all ingredients, as well.
- Season the salmon fillets with the sea salt and black pepper. Optionally, evenly spread a layer of 1 tsp. brown mustard on each salmon fillet. Place 1-2 fresh sprigs of dill on each salmon fillet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.
I truly hope you all enjoy this quick and easy recipe that is making a weekly appearance in our dinner menu! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!