Whether working from home or in the office, my Roasted Vegetable & Quinoa Meal Prep Mason Jars will keep you satisfied and nourish your body during the week in less than 30 minutes!
Is meal prep good for weight loss?
I briefly touched on this subject in my detox plan (click here to read more).
One of the most influential keys to weightloss is being mindful in the kitchen. Simple strategies such as healthy snacking, nutrient-dense meals, and being hydrated all play an important role in weightloss. If meal prepping ahead of time keeps you in a 200-400 calorie deficit, then it can definitely help with weightloss. However, keep a close eye to make sure each meal has proper amounts of complex carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants. This can also help reduce late-night cravings and binge eating on the weekends.
How to eat these meal prep mason jars?
They are just as tasty at room temperature, as they are fresh out of the oven from roasting! It is totally up to your personal preference. Think of the meal prep as a grain salad with cooked vegetables – so you can pop it in the microwave for a few minutes, or the oven in aluminum foil for 10 minutes, or eat it like it is. All ways lead to deliciousness!
Now, it is time to quickly grab our aprons to make lunch for this work week in less than 30 minutes!
Roasted Vegetable & Quinoa Meal Prep Mason Jars
- 2 c. Sprouted Quinoa, cooked
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 1 Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly minced
- 1 lg. Sweet Potato, diced
- 2 c. Mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
Maple Tahini Sauce:
- 1/3 c. Tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 4-6 tbsp. Water
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the halved brussel sprouts, diced sweet potatoes, and halved mushrooms in the olive oil, chili powder, sea salt, and ground cumin. Evenly spread on the prepared baking pan, then bake for 15-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté the diced bell pepper and onion with a drizzle of olive oil until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Toss together with the cooked quinoa.
- Allow the vegetables and quinoa mix to cool before placing in the jars.
- Make layers of quinoa and roasted vegetables in 3-4 mason jars until all ingredients are used.
- For the Maple Tahini Sauce, simply whisk together all ingredients. Either place the sauce in individual containers or drizzle inside the prepared mason jars.
I truly hope you all enjoy this simple, easy, and healthy vegan meal prep! ’till next time… xxL
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.“”
John 14:6 (NIV)