Step aside classic campfires, we’re upgrading the s’mores game! Ooey-gooey mini marshmallows with a warm chocolate-hazelnut spread that’s united with crunchy graham crackers and fluffy brioche… Y’all, our S’mores Brioche Knot (Made with Olive Oil) is where nostalgia thrives! Made with olive oil and less than 1 tablespoon!
Trust me on this one, the photos do not do this brioche knot justice… it is the most heavenly slice of nostalgia you’ll ever taste and makes a wonderful French toast for a festive breakfast!
How do I make French Toast with leftover brioche?
Immediately upon pulling this out of the oven, my mother came running over excited to try it since it had our house smelling like toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate. We both let it rest, then sliced into it and she looked at me with eyes widen, “This would make the best French toast for tomorrow!” And let me tell you, she wasn’t wrong!
And it’s easy to do!
- Simply slice the brioche knot into 1″ thick pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and (optional) orange zest. I recommend a 1:1 ratio for the milk and eggs. For example, 1 cup milk + 1 large egg.
- Then, heat up 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large griddle over medium high heat.
- Generously soak the brioche slices in the milk mixture, the immediately add on to the hot griddle to cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, or yogurt for the perfect breakfast.
Now, let’s grab our aprons and begin baking scrumptiousness!
S’mores Brioche Knot (Made with Olive Oil)
For the dough:
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Warm Whole Milk
- 2 1/4 tsp. Dried Active Yeast
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the filling:
- 3/4 – 1 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup Graham Crackers, semi-crushed
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm milk, sugar, and dried active yeast. Set aside for 5-10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the flour, salt, and ground cinnamon. On medium low speed, add in the yeast mixture, olive oil, and eggs to knead for 2-3 minutes, then increase speed to medium for 3-4 more minutes, or until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with saran wrap, then set aside in a warm environment for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preaheat oven to 350F. Line a 9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Punch the dough down in the bowl, then on a lightly floured surface, roll it out to be approximately a 20" x 12" rectangle.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate hazelnut spread, then the half crushed graham crackers, then the mini marshmallows.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise (hotdog style). Cut the rolled up dough into two long pieces. Place the two brioche pieces face-side up, then twist together like a braid, then bring the two ends together to form a circle. Place in the prepared baking pan, cover, and set aside in a warm environment to rise for 20-30 more minutes.
- Brush with an egg or olive oil wash, then bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes, then enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy our amazingly easy and healthy chocolate-hazelnut brioche recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)