What better way to celebrate the weekend than with a Sugar-Free Caramelized Apple Sundae with a glorious milk chocolate sea salt caramel drizzle?! Taking less than 20 minutes to make, this sundae calls for a cozy night watching your favorite movies as the fall weather chimes in outside.
Have you ever seen something more glorious than warm, tender caramelized apples served with crisp vanilla bean ice cream and perfectly drizzled chocolate?!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored by Tony Chocolonely. They were kind enough to send a few chocolate samples … and I just happened to fall in LOVE!
What is so special about Tony Chocolonely?
Almost every time I passed by the chocolate aisle at Whole Foods, their vibrant packaging and appealing flavors always grabbed my attention. After doing a little more research into their brand mission, I couldn’t help but try out their products. The result? Really phenomenal (tasty) chocolate bars that stand for a purpose and are worth every penny!
With the abundance of slavery on cocoa farms in West Africa, Tony Chocolonely’s mission is to end child labor and modern slavery by 100% in the chocolate industry.
You can read more about their brand mission here.
Which chocolate bar would I recommend trying first?
With their big bars coming in over 9 tasty flavors, it can be hard to choose which one to try first. Although it will always depend on personal preference, I used their Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel for the perfect chocolate drizzle on these sundaes. My favorite part is the small caramel pieces throughout the luxurious milk chocolate bar.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin whipping up the most delicious Autumn-inspired sundaes you’ll ever taste!
Sugar-Free Caramelized Apple Sundae
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Almond Butter, creamy
- 1 tbsp. Almondmilk
- Ground Cinnamon, Sea Salt, and Vanilla Extract, to taste
- 3 Apples, preferably honeycrisp or pink lady
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt (optional)
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp. Chocolate, melted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all the ingredients for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Peel and chop the apples into bite-sized slices.
- In a saucepan, add in the water and bring it to a boil. Add in the remaining ingredients, then cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until golden and tender.
For assembling the sundae:
- In each serving bowl, add a large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, one fourth of the sautéed apples and caramel sauce, then a drizzle of melted chocolate. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy my new favorite ice cream sundae recipe that will be on repeat going into the cozy Autumn season ahead of us! ’till next time… xxL
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
John 3:30 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!