With the abundance of nectarines in the produce aisles, I just felt the need to create a handcrafted soda / spritzer recipe to celebrate these past few sunny days in NC! And my favorite part of making these Sugar-Free Orange, Nectarine, and Thyme Homemade Sodas is that the “syrup” only takes 15 minutes to make.
Growing up, I always looked forward to traveling by plane because it was the special occasion that my mom would treat my brother and I to a cranberry and ginger ale soda mix. We loved it!
(little story time) I actually remember our first trip abroad when we were in elementary school, and the flight attendant announcing that all beverages and snacks were complimentary… free! Which meant we could have an unlimited amount of cranberry ales! … After four hours on the plane, I think we left pretty energized with all the sugar lol
Lately, I’ve been reminiscing on the “good ole days” and have been loving carbonated drinks … but don’t want all the sugar in them! So keep a lookout, because these homemade sodas made with sparkling mineral water have been on my hot list recently!
Now, let’s grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Sugar-Free Orange, Nectarine, & Thyme Homemade Sodas
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice, about 3 navel oranges
- 1 Nectarine (If need be, substitute with a Peach or Plum), plus more for thin slices to garnish
- 1 sprig of Thyme, plus more for garnishing
- 1-2 tbsp. Maple Syrup or Honey
- Sparkling Mineral Water for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add together all ingredients with 2 tablespoons water. Cover with a lid to cook for 10 minutes, checking occassionally to prevent any burning.
- Allow the blend to cool for at least 5 minutes, then blend to a puree.
- For serving, use 1-2 tbsp. puree for each serving with 8 oz. sparkling mineral water. Add ice cubes, a thin slice of fruit, and a sprig of thyme for a little extra enjoyment!
I truly hope you all enjoy this quick and satisfying drink recipe that is beautiful for the holiday season ahead of us! ’till next time… xxL
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.“
Galatians 1:10 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!